When I first joined Toastmasters I was nervous and scared about preparing and delivering my first “speech.”
My mentor (Frank Hawkinson) made it real easy for me.
Frank made one suggestion…talk about you!
No one knows you better than you.
It truly made putting my presentation together much easier!
Here are a few tips on picking a subject that you really care about.
- The subject should have had an inordinate impact on you
- You want to share it with others
- You intensely feel others could benefit from your knowledge
- You can speak about it from the heart
- When you speak about something you passionately care about you will be more comfortable and feel more confident in your element.